SAILING TRIP TO SANTORINI
Kos, Tilos, Astypalia, Anafi, Kalymnos, Levitha, Santorini, Nysiros, Symi :
Santorini (Thera) is considered as one of the most spectacular islands in the world. Formed by a massive volcanic eruption that wiped out the Minoan civilization, the present-day crescent shape of the island is a consequence of the activity of the volcano in prehistoric times feeding the myth of the lost island of Atlantis. The unique history, breath-taking views and wild, rugged beauty attracts tens of thousands of visitors every year for vacationing, honeymoons and wedding ceremonies. In addition to having a rich geological history, Santorini is famous for its active nightlife; with a large number of nightclubs and bars, you can be sure your stay will be a fun-filled adventure! At an approximate total distance of 400 nautical miles, the two week Santorini Trip is a combination of overnight passages, dramatic scenery, picturesque coves and historical sites.
Our program starts on Saturday in Marmaris. You can check into our yachts after 16:00. After registration and the distribution of cabins, there will be an organized group shopping for provisions and beverages. Afterwards we will dine at a local restaurant and get to know each other. Sunday morning, after breakfast, we will start the customs procedure and then set sail for the island of Rhodes. Rhodes will be our first stop and also the entry port for Greece. Depending on weather conditions, we will stop in: Ciftlik, Rhodes, Nsyros, Astypalea, Anafi, Santorini, Tilos and Symi.
Two weeks of sail training, trip to Santorini - 1200 Euros. Bareboat Skipper License is an additional 200 Euros.
The entry and exit procedures for Turkey and Greece are an additional 300 Euros per person. If there is less than 4 people, Participants needs to share the total cost.
We require a 25% deposit in order to confirm your reservation. You will receive an confirmation form after your payment.
HOW TO REACH OUR YACHTS
Our yachts are based in Cairos Marina. The nearest airport is Bodrum (36 km + 18nm ferry). Dalaman airport is 160km away and there is a regular shuttle service and private transfers. Izmir Adnan-Menderes airport is 284km away and Antalya airport is 281km away. There are buses and taxis. A transfer service from these airports is also available.
Day 1 Datça - Cairos Marina
Our yachts are based in Cairos Marina> . Arrive to the yacht and spend the night aboard in the Marina. You can also use the opportunity to do some shopping in the marina and stock up for your sailing trip.
Day 2 Cairos - Turgutreis - Kos
Sunday: After breakfast, we conduct a group shopping. Than We leave for TurgutReis for customs procedures. As soon as our documents are ready for exit, we depart from Turgutreis. Our first stop is the lovely Island of Kos. Kos is the most fertile island of the group and the second most touristy and popular island after cosmopolitan Rhodes. Kos is an attractive island with appealing mountainous villages, an excellent infrastructure, verdant landscape, abundant ground water and superb beaches of various sizes and colors. Rich in history, with abundant ancient ruins, as well as modern, lively towns, Kos is most enjoyable. Usually dinner continues well into the evening, the night being filled with laughter and memorable conversations. Water, electricity, wi-fi, hot showers and toliets are provided by the restuarant.
Day 3 Kos - Kalymnos (Emporios) Next stop is the another bay Kalymnos. Emporios is idyllic, peaceful, charming with the best restaurants on the island. If you want to chill, swim, eat fantastic food and experience the real Greecee. Off the beaten tourist track, here you can enjoy a peaceful dinner at the local tavernas.
Day 4 Kalymnos - Levitha
Our next stop is the isolated island of Levitha, home to a thousand goats, 20 sheep, 3 donkeys and 5 humans. Here we will anchor in a secluded cove and be totally shut off from the modern world. Swim, hike and enjoy a dinner of fresh goat and fish at the small restaurant run by the only family living on the island.
Day 5 Levitha - Amargos
Our next stop is the isolated island of Amorgos, at the south eastern edge of the Cyclades? Parts of the island reach a considerable height above sea level, offering superb views of the sea. Amorgos is one of the most impressive Cycladic islands, boasting marvellous beaches with azure waters, gorgeous caves, ideal spots for diving, scenic bays and ancient footpaths leading through its steep rocky terrain.
Day 6,7,8 Amargos - Santorini
After an early start, we will set sail for Santorini, considered as one of the most spectacular islands in the world and a popular tourist destination. We will spend two to three days exploring this geologically-rich, volcanic group of islands, visiting historic sites and witnessing breath-taking views during the day, while immersing ourselves in the bustling nightlife after sunset!
Day 9 Santorini Island– Anafi Island
Anafi is a small and rocky, largely triangular island. It is great destination for those who see an unspoiled and relaxing vacation. Boasting a variety of historic sites and churches, Anafi is a perfect place for sight-seeing. The port of Agios Nikolaos, the most active part of Anafi, is where we drop anchor. The village of Chora, capital of Anafi, is built on a natural amphitheatrical site in the center of the island. It is located 2 km from the port. Chora is characterized by a number of small churches, its white houses and paved roads. The 18th century Monastery of Panagia Kalamiotissa is an important religious center for the island.
Day 10 Anafi – Astypalia
During this trip, we will depart from the open waters of windy South Aegean Sea and reach the safe waters of Dodecanese . The island of Astypalea has four miniscule but picturesque villages: Chora, Analipsi (or Maltezana), Vathi and Livadia. The most unique aspect of Astypalea are the numerous churches that are spread all over the island. The most famous is the church of Panagia Portaitissa, painted all white, with a beautiful wooden iconostasis and a large bell tower. Life on Astypalea is rather quiet and peaceful. There is certainly some nightlife in Chora, but you will mostly find seaside coffee shops and traditional taverns. The beaches of Astypalea are small and sandy. Some are a bit challenging to get to but offer an unmatched level of peace and privacy. After all, the whole island radiates a vibe of peace and tranquility.
Day 11 Astypalia - Tilos Island
Departure is early for this leg, as will be the norm for the rest of the trip. The new destination is the island of Tilos; here we moor at the charming seaside village of Lividia. On the hill, the abandonded roofless houses of Micro Horio are visible. Here, nestled between the ruins of this ancient village, lies the infamous Micro Bar: a classic rock bar/club with a very unique setting, definetly a place to witness! Wander through the bustling village, filled with quaint single-story buildings or bathe in the azure waters surrounding this unspoilt paradise. Dinner is usually served at our favorite restuarant: friendly staff and the best roast goatmeat you have ever tasted!
Day 12 Tilos Island - Symi Island
Our last Greek stop, Symi is the ideal destination for the romantic type. Upon arrival to the cozy village of Symi, you are free to roam the narrow streets and explore the authentic Greek houses; many of which are still occupied by relatives of the original builders. Indulge yourself in a bit of shopping amongst the numerous local shops, where you can find truly unique items and aqquaint yourself with the local populace. Symi is the ideal destination for the romantic type, for those who are looking for something special, such as a tranquil atmosphere, postcard-like scenery and secluded coves. We dine in our favorite local taverna in the evening.
Day 13 Symi Island – Knidos
Departure is early for this leg, since we will have a lengthy upwind haul. Knidos, which dates back to 700 BC, was nominated as one of the wonders of world. You can wander through most of this huge ancient city. The accompanying bay is also a lovely place to swim and views from the nearby lighthouse are fantastic!
Day 14 Knidos – Datca Cairos Marina
Departure is early again for this leg. After a swimming break We go downwind for our marina. You can leave tonite or spend a night at Datca restorants. Saturday morning boats will be cleaned, So you need to leave before 9:00
- You will stay on board the yacht for 14 nights in a typical two week program
- Our sailing yachts have 4 cabins plus an additional skippers’ cabin..
- We take a maximum of 6 people on one yacht
- We provide bed sheets, pillow covers and a towel for each person
- The crew of each sailing yacht will make a collective shopping and share costs equally. We can provide a suggested shopping list. People can decide on whether to cook on board or enjoy local delicacies in seaside restaurants. The Skipper/Instructor is fed at the crews’ expense.
- We stop in a different bay or island for each night. Our routes are published yearly and they will be either along the Turkish coast or Greek Islands depending on the particular week(s). You can browse through our routes here:( Program )
- In the morning, an optional tour/trek will be organized by the Skipper at 8:00 AM to visit a historical site or just enjoy nature. Theory is taught after breakfast (10:00-12:00)
- In our region, the wind usually picks up at around 12:00 PM, so we depart for our next location at around noon.
- After arrival to our destination (16:00-18:00), people will have free time until dinner. You may choose to swim, rest, study or go for a nature walk.
- Dinner is held at 19:30 and continues for a few hours as we enjoy the local cuisine and indulge in conversation. After dinner you may participate in playing games (cards, chess, etc.), listening to music or just enjoying nature…
- Saturday is check-in and meeting day. Our sailing yachts are located in Cairos Marina Marina (on C Pontoon) .You can check in anytime after 16:00 and settle on board.
- Our first briefing is held at approximately 17:00 and then we stock up on provisions. We have our first dinner together in the marina and afterwards people can explore the colorful Marmarisian night life!
- Sunday is our first day of sailing. We finish last minute shopping and start our voyage around noon.
- Our sailing tour ends Friday (1 or 2 weeks later); after 16:00. You may leave the yacht or stay one more night to enjoy Marmaris. All Yachts have to be empty by 10:00 on Saturday morning to allow for cleaning and preparation for the next group.
Tags: Santorini sailing, santorini sailing trip, greek islands tour, greek islands sailing tour, sailing tour, sailing vacation